How gorgeous did Priyanka Chopra look in the film “Dostana”? The youthful 2008 Bollywood film is set in Miami and MAC makeup God- er, artist- Mickey Contractor created a summery, fresh and sexy look for the former Miss World. Here is my interpretation of her look for you to replicate!
– First apply a moisturizer that suits your skin-type and (optional) a sunscreen/primer. I recommend Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream for Face SPF 55 PA+++, a powerful sunscreen that acts as a brilliant primer. Because Contractor is a MAC artist, he would probably prep skin with MAC Prep+Prime primer.
– Stipple on MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation (for reference, Priyanka Chopra’s shade is NC43, but ask your local MAC makeup artists to help you find the color that works for you!) with the MAC 187 brush. Stippling involves pumping a small amount of foundation onto the back of your hand, lightly tapping the brush in the foundation, then tapping and swirling the brush over your skin lightly and evenly. This prevents a thick, heavy foundation look.
– Apply concealer (MAC Studio Finish is amazing) where needed to brighten skintone, i.e. around the nostrils. Because this is a smoky look, be sure to conceal any undereye darkness thoroughly. Blend well!
– Lightly dust on a setting powder, either transparent or in the same color as your foundation. This step is not necessary if you are using a good primer or you prefer the dewy look of the foundation.
– For Priyanka’s pink flush, try MAC Blush Powder in Pink Swoon (a shade described by MAC as “clearly pink”). For darker skintones, try MAC Blush Powder in Mocha. Apply either on the apples of the cheeks (for smaller faces) or above the cheekbones (for larger faces).
– Priyanka is wearing (as she often does) Freshlook Colorblends contacts in Green.
– Line the lower waterline with an angled brush (MAC 266) using a black gel eyeliner (MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack). Gel eyeliners do not run like pencil eyeliners do.
– Using a bronzy shadow liner (MAC Eyekohl in Teddy), run a line over your upper lashes and smudge upward and outward. Priyanka wears several different eye looks in the film, so you could also try this with a black pencil (MAC Eyekohl in Smolder), or a dark olive eyeshadow. The shape of your smudging isn’t terribly important, as long as it blends well outward and doesn’t look harsh. Apply lightly! In this case, less is more, as it is a very casual smoky look. Take a small eyeshadow brush and, picking up some of the color, carefully line the outer-third of your lower lash-line as well.
– Curl your lashes and apply your favorite black mascara. I love Diorshow by Dior.
– To get Priyanka’s sweet pink lips, try MAC Lipstick in Brave (“pink-beige with white pearl”). A color like this isn’t often tried by South Asian skintones but looks extremely feminine and lovely! Just make sure your pink lipstick isn’t TOO light, or you will look washed-out. If you have very pigmented lips, apply in layers, blotting with a tissue as you go to really set the color.
And there you have it! This look is beautiful and beachy. If you try it out, let us know what you think!