I couldn’t get enough of Anushka Sharma’s simple, natural makeup in the 2010 Bollywood film “Band Baaja Baaraat”. It was fresh, young, and easy to replicate!
– As always, prep with your usual moisturizer and sunscreen. Apply concealer (MAC Studio Finish Concealer) under your eyes, around the corners of your nose, and on any blemishes to even out your skintone.
– Using a powder brush, apply a foundation powder using downward strokes. Sweeping downward prevents the powder from getting trapped oddly on the fine hairs of your face. Blend well and don’t forget the edges of your face and near your neck. My favorite foundation of all time is MAC’s Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation compact. It does the work of a foundation and a powder in one, providing excellent coverage and a matte finish.
(Fun fact: Actress Priyanka Chopra loves the MAC Studio Fix powder foundation for daily wear!)
– Because we are going for an ultra clean look here, I don’t necessarily recommend applying a blush.
– Anushka’s eyes are a medium brown color in the movie. If your eyes are dark brown or black, you can try brown contacts to imitate her look.
– Line your upper and lower waterline with a brown eye pencil. I’ve tried many eyeliners and Revlon’s lasts the longest.
– Brush a light brown eyeshadow over the entire eyelid (MAC Eye Shadow in Cork). Choose an eyeshadow that is close to the color of your lid, but a little darker.
– Using a small brush, lightly sweep close to your lower lashline with a medium-dark brown eyeshadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Corduroy). If desired, wing the shadow out slightly on the edges of the eyes.
– Curl lashes and apply a lengthening mascara (MAC Zoom Lash).
– Anushka’s lipcolor made this look unique and cool. For most of the film she wore a pinky-coral lipstick, as seen below. To get her summery pout, try MAC Lipstick in Crosswires!
Let us know what you think!