After our makeup breakdown of Mulan, we couldn’t wait long to feature Aladdin’s Princess Jasmine! The internet abounds with “makeup breakdowns” of Jasmine’s makeup, but the vast majority of these include (awful) blue eyeshadow (presumably to match her outfit). Jasmine does not wear blue eyeshadow! Nor should she!
Below I’ve replicated her ACTUAL look from the film! Try these products to look beautiful and exotic like Princess Jasmine.
– Moisturize and apply your foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation). To get best results, stipple on the foundation with the MAC 187 Duo Fibre brush.
– Apply concealer (MAC Studio Finish Concealer) to cover undereye circles and darkness. Your undereyes really need to be concealed for this look, because the black eyeliner is heavy,and you don’t want to look exhausted.
– Apply a powder that matches your shade to set your makeup.
– The animators at Disney didn’t draw any bronze or blushing shade on Jasmine’s cheeks. If you would like, you can apply a tan-based blush or bronzing powder to the hollows under your cheekbones for contouring. Try MAC’s Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in one shade darker than your skintone.
– Line your upper and inner waterline with your favorite black eye pencil or a black gel eyeliner (MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack).
– Apply a medium-brown eyeshadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Cork) over your entire eyelid. MAC’s Cork eyeshadow gives me the exact color of Jasmine’s eyelids.
– With black gel eyeliner (using the MAC 266 angled brush), draw a line from the inner corner of your eyelids to the ends along the upper lashline. Start thin in the inner corner, and gradually increase in thickness as you get to the ends.
– To create a winged cat-eye, observe the angle your lower lashes create and extend a line from the lower lashes outwards and upwards. Connect this line with the line you created in the previous step to form a curved triangle. Fill in the triangle. This takes practice to perfect!
– Curl eyelashes (and apply false eyelashes if desired) and apply your favorite mascara (Lancome Hypnose Mascara).
– Line your lips with a reddish-brown lip liner (MAC Lip Liner in Mahogany).
– Apply a reddish-brown lipstick with berry tones. Try MAC Lipstick in Spice it Up!, a “mulled brown berry” shade.
Done! Now all you need is a magic carpet ride and a man who loves you desperately! Hmm…