Everyone loved actress Kareena Kapoor’s natural, de-glam makeup look in the 2007 hit film “Jab We Met”, co-starring ex-boyfriend Shahid Kapoor. The makeup allowed Kareena’s naturally clear skin to shine through and fitted her character’s personality to a T: low-maintenance, high-fun, and completely real. Here’s how you can get Bebo’s minimal makeup look:
– Apply moisturizer and sunscreen. This might be the only makeup breakdown where I won’t recommend concealer! Unless you have dark circles or blemishes, you can skip the concealer altogether. Your powder foundation (MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation) will do all the work in creating an even, matte skintone like Kareena’s. Apply the foundation in downward strokes with a powder blush.
– Lightly apply a pinkish-peach blush under your cheekbones (MAC Powder Blush in Buff). If your skintone is much darker than Kareena’s, try MAC Powder Blush in Prism instead.
– To get Kareena’s mellow eyes, sweep a soft peachy-brown eyeshadow over your lids (MAC Eye Shadow in Soft Brown).
– Line your upper and lower waterlines with your favorite black eyepencil (try mine: Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black).
– Using the same eyeliner, smudge a little into your upper lashes on the outer halves of your eyes. You are not going for a heavily-lined look, just the impression of thicker outer lashes.
– Curl your lashes but don’t apply mascara. For a look this natural you’ll want to avoid anything too artificial, and prickly black lashes are just that. If you had any eyeshadow falling onto your lashes, carefully wipe away with water.
– For Kareena’s muted pinkish-peach lips, use her favorite lipstick: MAC Lipstick in Cherish. For darker skintones, try MAC Lipstick in Half’n Half.
And that’s all you need to look like Kareena Kapoor in “Jab We Met”. Don’t forget to wear bright, happy colors like pink and sunshine yellow, paint your nails a vivid red, and keep smiling!