Aishwarya Rai caught India’s attention with her bombshell makeover for the 2006 Bollywood superhit “Dhoom 2: Back in Action”. Here’s how you can get her sizzling hot makeup! When you turn heads, you can say, “Are you, like, checking me out?” in your best Sunehri imitation.
– Apply your moisturizer lightly. Massage an illuminating hydrator (MAC Strobe Cream) into your skin, being sure to cover the bridge of your nose, the tops of your cheekbones, the bow above the upper lip, and the brow bone.
– Apply concealer (MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer) where needed to hide darkness and blemishes.
– Apply a dewy, moisturizing cream foundation (MAC Mineralize Foundation SPF 15) with a clean sponge. Blend well, being sure to cover the neck area as well. This look is high maintenance, so don’t cut corners!
– Use a gold-bronze powder (MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Gold Deposit) as a blush on your cheeks near the outer edges of your face. Apply lightly or you will look like a disco ball!
– Use a matte bronzing powder (MAC Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze) to contour your cheekbones and jawline. You want to look svelte, but again, use a light hand when applying.
– Use a blotting powder (MAC Blot Powder) to reduce any potential areas of shine (i.e. the chin).
– Line your lower and upper waterlines with black gel eyeliner (MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack).
– To get Aishwarya’s golden eyes from the song “Crazy Kiya Re”, apply a frosty golden eyeshadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Goldmine) lightly on your lids. Then use a golden-brown eyeshadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Soba) to contour your eyelid crease on the outer halves. Take a dark golden-brown matte eyeshadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Espresso) and, using a small brush, smudge into your lower lashline (avoiding the inner corners of the eyes). (Optional: apply a highlighting powder like MAC Eye Shadow in Ricepaper underneath the arch of your eyebrows.)
– Curl lashes and apply a lengthening mascara (MAC Zoom Lash Mascara).
– To emulate Aishwarya Rai’s peachy-brown lips, try MAC Lipstick in Touch, a “peachy cinnamon” lustre lipstick.
Done! This look is great for nights out, parties, and performances; just remember, when using shimmery, frosty, or bronzing products, less is always more.
TIP: To get glowing skin all over like Ash, apply MAC Irridescent Powder/Loose in Golden Bronze lightly on your arms, chest and legs by mixing with your lotion or using a wide buffing brush.
Check out Aishwarya and Hrithik’s chemistry in the Dhoom song below! Hot, hot, hot!