I’m taking the GRE (graduate exam) tomorrow morning and I’m letting my nerves out by doing a makeup breakdown for you all! This time it’s for Katrina Kaif‘s look in her 2009 film “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani”, co-starring rumored beau and Bollywood playboy Ranbir Kapoor.
Katrina Kaif was recently voted India’s most beautiful woman by People Magazine and stated in her interview that her all-time favorite makeup in a film was her look in “Ajab Prem”! Here is my interpretation of her sweet and innocent makeup in the movie.
– Apply moisturizer and sunscreen as usual. Use concealer (MAC Studio Finish Concealer) to cover blemishes and dark circles as needed. Katrina is famous for her flawless porcelain skin, so really make sure you are thorough with your application.
– Apply a liquid foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation) with a damp sponge for a natural finish.
– Optional: If desired, contour the nose with an eyeshadow or blush powder in a shade darker than your skintone. Katrina’s nose was contoured for this film by her makeup artist.
– Using a kabuki brush, apply a transparent powder (MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder) to set your foundation.
– Very lightly, apply a shimmery pinky-plum blush to your cheekbones; try MAC Powder Blush in Plum Foolery. Blend well into your foundation.
– Katrina is wearing hazel colored contact lenses in the film. To get her look, try Freshlook Colorblends contacts in Hazel.
– On the eyelid, apply a muted beige-taupe eyeshadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Wedge). In the outer crease of the eye, apply a soft pink eyeshadow and blend outwards (MAC Eye Shadow in Sushi Flower). Using a small brush, apply a dark orange-brown eyeshadow to the outer lower lashes- a hint of MAC Eye Shadow in Saddle will look great with hazel eyes.
– Apply a shimmery neutral highlighting powder (MAC Eye Shadow in Dazzlelight) to the browbone.
– Curl lashes and apply a lengthening mascara to the upper and lower lashes. Comb through to prevent clumping.
– Apply a champagne-pink lipgloss like MAC Tinted Lipglass in Nymphette. If you have very pigmented lips, layer your lipglass with MAC Viva Glam V lipstick.
And that’s all it takes to look fun and flirty like Katrina Kaif in the youthful Bollywood film “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani”! Let us know if there are any other film or event looks you want to learn more about.