If you’ve been reading our blog, you probably love makeovers. The best makeover movie of all time, “Fashion”, starred Priyanka Chopra in an award-winning role as a middle-class girl with big dreams, who makes it to the top of India’s fashion industry- only to lose herself.
By the time her makeover was complete Priyanka looked stunning; here’s how you can get the look yourself!
– Normally I don’t make a point of adding a makeup primer to my breakdowns, but because this look is best suited for photoshoots and high-glamour opportunities, I’ll throw it in there. Have your makeup stay on all day and night by applying a primer (MAC Prep + Prime Skin) after your moisturizer.
– Apply concealer (MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer) on blemishes and under the eyes. Because this look has heavy smoky eye makeup, conceal well or you will look like a sleepy raccoon!
– Using a foundation brush, apply a liquid foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation) to your skin. Brush in downward strokes, like a painter. Don’t forget to blend your edges out around the jawline.
– To set your foundation and concealer, apply a mattifying transparent powder (MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder).
– Apply a ginger-bronze blush powder to your cheekbones (MAC Powder Blush in Gingerly). Optional: Apply a touch of this blush to the sides of your nose near your eyes for a slight contouring effect.
– Been wanting to learn how to do a winged eyeshadow makeup look? Here’s your tutorial. First line your upper and lower waterlines with a black gel eyeliner (MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack).
– Over the upper lashes, draw a thick line of black eye pencil (MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder)- do not wing this liner. Over the liner, smudge in a bluish-black eyeshadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Nehru) and blend upwards. Use an angled brush to extend the eyeshadow a half inch past the eyes at an angle that follows that of your lower lashline, as seen in the image above. Fill in the triangle and blend it into the shadow on your lids.
– On the lower lashline, dot a dark blue eye pencil (MAC Prussian Powerpoint Eye Pencil) between the lashes and smudge to create a thin line that hugs your waterline. Mix a little black eye pencil over this if you want to go darker.
– Apply a highlighting shadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Shroom) to your brow bone.
– To get Priyanka’s brown-nude lips, apply MAC Lipstick in Kinda Sexy, a matte neutral shade.
Director Madhur Bhandarkar pulled out all the stops in “Fashion” to create a stunning film with equally glamorous visuals. Even celebrity photographer Dabboo Ratnani and celebrity makeup artist Mickey Contractor made cameos in the song “Aashiyana” (at 1:23 and 2:25 respectively in the video below)!
P.S. I am SO EXCITED for Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Heroine” starring Aishwarya Rai! It’ll be “Fashion” for the Bollywood film industry. Filming starts this June.