The world’s most beautiful woman, actress Aishwarya Rai, looked her absolute best in the 2006 remake film “Umrao Jaan” (the original starred Rekha in 1981). This story of the breathtaking but broken-hearted courtesan was good enough to tell twice! Here’s my interpretation of her look for you to reproduce.
– Apply moisturizer and sunscreen as usual. Follow with application of a liquid concealer (MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer) to cover blemishes and undereye darkness.
– Using a foundation brush, apply a liquid foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation) over skin in downward brush strokes.
– Set foundation and concealer with a transparent finishing powder for mattifying (MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder).
– To the edges of your cheeks/cheekbones, apply a light plum powder blush (MAC Powder Blush in Breath of Plum). Blend upwards towards the temple.
– Line the upper and lower waterline with black gel eyeliner (MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack).
– Creating a gorgeous eye makeup look doesn’t have to be absurdly complicated. Using a small brush, lightly apply a muted golden-brown matte eyeshadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Espresso) along the lower lashline. On the lid, apply a pale gold eyeshadow with some shimmer (MAC Eye Shadow in Retrospeck). Use a highlighting powder (MAC Eye Shadow in Nylon) in the inner eye corner and on the browbone.
– Using gel eyeliner, trace a line over your upper lashes that grows thicker at the outer corner of the eyes. Wing out slightly, following the angle of your upper lashes.
– Curl lashes and apply a lengthening mascara (MAC Zoom Lash Mascara).
– To get Aishwarya’s deep brown-red lips, apply MAC Lipstick in Dare You.
Let us know if there are any other looks you’d like for us to break down; we’re happy to help!