I have a suspicion that Kareena Kapoor likes to have significant creative input in the makeup styling for her films. How else would she be getting film after film of trend-setting looks? Maybe it’s a force of personality thing. Here’s my interpretation of her dazzling exotic eye makeup look in the 2009 Bollywood drama-thriller “Kurbaan” co-starring Saif Ali Khan.
– After applying moisturizer, use a small brush to paint liquid concealer (MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer) over undereye circles and blemishes.
– Using a soft brush, stipple a liquid foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation) over the skin. Blend to softness.
– Apply a transparent finishing powder to mattify (MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder).
– Apply a small touch of soft coral-peach blush (MAC Powder Blush in Melba) to the cheekbones.
– Line the lower waterline with a black gel eyeliner (MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack).
– Sweep a peach-beige eyeshadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Bamboo) over the eyelids and blend upwards into the crease.
– Using the gel eyeliner, heavily line the upper and lower lashlines. Extend to form a thick wing. Next, to the upper lashes, use a fine brush to blend a bluish-black eyeshadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Nehru) neatly into the line for a hint of blue. Smudge a matte black eyeshadow (MAC Eye Shadow in Carbon) along the lower lashline and blend into the wing.
– Curl lashes and apply a thickening mascara (MAC Plush Lash Mascara).
– As per usual, apply Kareena’s stand-by peach-beige lipstick, MAC Lipstick in Cherish.
This look is great for pairing western clothes with hints of ethnic wear (jewelry, scarves, skirts, bags). The cat eye/winged eyeliner makeup gives the perfect East-Meets-West finish to the look. Enjoy!