Yes, my LBB girl crush continues. While I was a bit torn over her Chinese InStyle photo shoot, I absolutely love her look for the LA Premiere of Snow Flor and the Secret Fan. She absolutely glowed. I love her dress, her slightly (and the keyword is slightly) messy hair, and I especially lov how comfortable and just happy she looks on the red carpet.
The best thing about LBB’s gorgeous red carpet look is that it could work for anyone for a fancy night out with the guy or the girls, so let’s figure out how to get her look!
LBB makeup is similar to her InStyle photo shoot that I posted about earlier, but I like this one better because her cheeks have a bit more color. Here’s a basic step-by-step:
1. Cleanse and moisturize your face with your usual products. Apply concealer to any blemishes and use your usual foundation product.
2. This is a matte look so if you use a liquid or cream foundation, lightly dust over your face with a powder.
3. For eyes, the big thing is false eyelashes. Check out our guest post on false eyelash application!
4. Dust a peachy-pink blush over your cheeks. I’d recommend my personal favorite blush Orgasm by Nars.
5. Finally, add just the tiniest bit of color to your lips by choosing a MLBB (“my lips but better”) lip color. I recommend MAC Lipstick in Gel. Add a coat of clear gloss over your lips for some extra shine.
LBB’s hair looks blown out and beachy at the same time. I love it. For this look, first apply a beach wave spray to your wet hair, which will give it that tousled, just got back from the beach look. I recommend Surf Spray by Bumble and Bumble. Then flip your hair over your head and blow dry. (If your hair is very curly try to blow dry it straighter) Flipping your hair over your head will give you extra volume. After blow drying, use your fingers to come a a little more surf spray through your locks as a finishing touch.
A pretty champagne-colored dress is a great addition to an Asian or Indian girl’s closet. Why? Because champagne is a flattering color on Asian and Indian skin tones. I also love that LBB chose a dress with a lot of embellishment. I’m a sucker for a prettily embellished dress. Here are some options:
Parker Racer Back Dress from Shopbop, $298
This dress is the functional equivalent of LBB’s Cavalli dress, though the price tag is still on the high side. One great thing about Shopbop though is that the web site delivers anywhere in the world, in three days, for free. Something that all our international readers can appreciate.
Strapless Textured Dress from Forever 21, $19.98
This dress channels LBB’s dress’ lovely shimmer color and adds a bit of extra embellishment at the waistband. And at less than $20 it’s a hard deal to beat!
For an added touch of champagne, check out Meg’s post on champagne-colored nails!
To complete LBB’s wonderful premiere look, add some tassel earrings! Gorjana makes a really cute pair.