Yesterday I was at the mall with a friend and we both realized that we were in a shopping funk. With summer winding down, we didn’t feel like perusing summer clothes, but didn’t quite feel like trying on knits and other heavier fall clothes. However, this morning I was surfing through my usual blogs and online shopping websites and found the perfect color for my late summer funk: coral.
(Priyanka Chopra in Vizyon, pictures from HHC)
Coral is bright and fun enough for summer, but also rich and warm enough for fall and winter. It’s a great transition color that looks great on Asian and Indian skin tones, especially if you’ve gotten a bit of a summer tan. Bollywood Actress Priyanka Chopra absolutely glows in coral and Chinese star Fan Bing Bing loves it, often choosing coral for red carpet events.
Below are some of my favorite coral pieces:
1. BCBGeneration Tube Skirt ($48): this skirt is a fun and sexy pop of color. Wear it in the summer with a white tank tucked in and some wedges and easily transition it to fall by throwing a fitted blazer over it.
2. Topshop Coral Crochet Swing Top ($66): this top is super sweet and very on trend. Perfect for a casual day out with friends paired with some cutoff shorts. Dress it up for date night with a pair of skinny jeans and some heels. You could even wear it to work with some khakis and a cardigan!
3. Alice & Olivia Lauren Blouson Dress ($184): this dress is just so pretty. Perfect for a first date or a summer party, you can dress this up or down simply by changing shoes.
4. Essie Haute as Hello nail polish ($8): I love coral nail polish. It’s fun and bright, but not too weird looking. A great color if you’re getting sick of your usual rotation. I particularly love it on toes!
5. Topshop Moto Coral Denim Cutoffs ($55): brightly colored shorts are so trendy right now and coral is a great color to pick.
6. Laura Mercier Coral Quad Illuminating Powder ($35): this product is called an illuminating powder, but it’s really a blush. I have it and really love the color on my cheeks. It’s a little bit brighter and bolder than my usual Nars Orgasm, but still natural looking.
What are some of your favorite coral pieces and products?