Sun Fei Fei and Ming Xi look beautiful in September’s issue of Vogue China. They exude a vitality that I find very appealing.
– First apply your usual concealer and foundation. Set your foundation with a powder to achieve a matte look (Clinique Stay Matte pressed powder in Invisible Matte).
– Liberally apply a metallic eyeshadow that is slightly darker than the natural color of your eyelid over your lid with a blending eyeshadow brush. I color I use is MAC Eyeshadow in Patina, described as a “taupe brown with gold”, but find a metallic that suites the color of your lids.
– Draw a line of medium thickness along your upper lash line with a gel eyeliner (MAC Fluidline gel eyeliner in Black Track). Leave your bottom lash line bare.
– Draw over your gel eyeliner with a matte black eyeshadow (MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon) with a shader eyeshadow brush. This will make your eyeliner last longer. If you want a slightly smokey look like Sun Fei Fei’s look (below) take your finger and smudge the black eyeshadow upwards.
– Suck in your cheeks and apply a slightly metallic bronzer (Smashbox Fusion Softlights bronzer in Baked Starburst) along the bottom half of your cheekbones.
– Get their beautifully luminous look by applying a luminizer (Benefit Highbeam Luminizer) along the top half of your cheekbones, on your chin just below your lips, under the arch of your eyebrows, and along the bridge of your nose. With a liquid luminizer like Benefit’s Highbeam simply dab a bit along the areas you wish to illuminate and rub in with your fingers.
– Create a naturally strong looking brow by applying a brow-setting gel with a mascara wand (MAC Brow Set in Clear).
– Finish the look with Nars lipstick in Belle du Jour, a sheer nude.
If you have any Makeup Breakdown requests please let us know via email, twitter, or in the comments section!